This has enabled her to really get booking. She can roll all over the place to reach desired objects or locations. I've been fairly amazed at her scooting and rolling abilities. She can push all the way up on her arms and get up on her knees; just not both at the same time. Once she figures out little more coordination, it's all over, she'll be moving for sure!
Then of course she's been getting better at sitting up. I probably don't give her enough opportunity to practice. It's tough because when she's on the ground she becomes a prime target for toddler attacks. However, I have been setting her up to see how she does now and then. She can hold her seat just long enough to snap a picture. After a few seconds she succumbs to the predictable conclusion.
That's not fair either. The two of them love each other so much. They play together, make each other smile, and show genuine affection more often than not. True, I spend my days running interference to keep him from tackling her, but he only does it out of love and excitement.
So, because she's six months old, I've started thinking about solids. THINKING that she's not ready. With Normy I could hardy wait to break out the spoons, whip out the cereal, and start feeding! Now I know better. Seriously, there is plenty of time for this!
Georgia's got her whole life for solid food. Once she is REALLY sitting up all by herself we'll start the whole baby food thing. I did try her out in the chair yesterday. She managed for a few minutes, and generally loved pretending to be a big girl, but I had to prop her back up every few moments. Thank goodness, that buys us a little more time to save up for another one of these. Normy's nowhere near ready to be moved from HIS seat and, we're nowhere near ready to shell out the cheddar for another one. I swear they've gone up 25% in two years.




I did put some water in this cup for her, but I don't thinks she took more than a sip... she sure had fun playing with it though!
In other firsts: her first swing... that lasted like two minutes.
Her first shopping cart trip. OK, this went GREAT! Thank goodness for Sam's Club and their side-by-side kid carts. I LOVE THESE. Usually I do my shopping with her in a wrap on my front, but this was so much more fun... for everyone! The kids had a great time playing together. Normy entertained her by taking her toys, then giving them back to her... over and over and over again. You could just tell, Georgia thought she was a big deal riding around, swinging her legs, and squealing with delight.
Look out world! Here comes Georgie!
7 comments:
Too precious! They grow so fast....I still think of her as a bitty infant. Craziness!
She and Normy are too cute.
She is such a cutie! It looks like she is doing great with sitting up! Time really does fly, doesn't it....
happy birthday to georgia!!!
she has grown So much. . . its kinda crazy.
send love and many x's and o's from aunt b
Instead of making a trip to Omaha in October, I think we need to come tomorrow!
2 just gets more and more fun with each new trick! Especially b/c now mommy isn't the only playmate in the house all day. Gotta love siblings entertaining each other. Your kids are adorable!
She's beautiful and looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment