Thursday, October 30, 2008

These days...

This post will hopefully get everyone feeling caught up. I have a lot of "baby book" type memories I feel like I need to record before they fade into the bowels of time. (Oops, I mean annals!) ;-)

This first photo here captures the essence of our day-to-day. We have a pretty awesome nighttime routine going on. Every night Smoochy gets home from work and we pretty much immediately sit down to dinner. He usually walks in the door at about 6:15-ish. From dinner, the four of us migrate upstairs for the bath and bed routines. I love that this is a big family event. It gives Smooch and I a chance to talk about our days and the kids a chance to see us all as one big happy family. It is infinitely fun. I love that after a LONG day at work my husband wants to take part in this very basic child-care activity. It makes it tons easier on me, and makes bath time way less mundane. It's also lots nicer now that Georgia can bathe WITH Normy. That just started this month.


Also, starting this month was Georgie's first attempts at solid foods. This bite of pureed carrots was her first ever I'm afraid so far I have been pretty hit or miss with giving her something to eat. I'm not convinced she's 100% interested yet. Some times It looks like she gets tired of just eating toys at the dinner table... 

But, then when I give her a bite she acts grossed out and then will refuse any further bites.


I don't feel any need to rush her, but at the same time, if I were to offer her some more baby friendly choices, I think she might show more interest. It's hard to just give her stuff off our plate when it seems like one night we have spicy sausage, the next spicy enchiladas, and the third a hot-stir fry. I have been HORRIBLE about making her purees. Her carrots were the first and only. Maybe today is the day I get better. I need to get some ice cube trays to freeze purees in...
Someone in the audience might be thinking, "Well how old is she anyway?" Georgia is 8 months old as of October 27th! I swear the second one grows up faster. This month she got her first TWO teeth; has learned to crawl 100%; and is pulling up on the stairs. She babbles, she smiles, and she sleeps like she means business. She is thick and sturdy... and already doesn't take crap from her brother... or anybody, for that matter. The other day, I went to pick her little nose and she looked me right in the eye and pushed my hand away so forcefully I was totally taken back. 

Georgia's Stats: As of her check-up on her eighth month birthday, she weight 20 pounds and 14 ounces. She is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. I don't really care about the percentiles, but I was shocked, because I thought she was of far more average build than her brother. I guess  should know better, considering with a cloth diaper on she has to wear 18 month pants with the legs cuffed. 


Normy is pretty amazing these days too. His latest trick is taking off all of his clothes in his crib if I leave him too long after he's awake from a nap. I think it's hilarious... though I haven't come upon him playing with poop yet... 

He LOVES LOVES LOVES to color. I can occupy him for hours at a time with crayons. I'm thinking it might be fun to introduce him to finger paints, construction paper and kid-scissors, maybe some glue and glitter... Christmas anyone? 

Normy can sing his ABCs start to finish all by himself. I hear him singing it all over the house at any given time of the day. He also KNOWS about half of his letters if presented with them randomly. His favorites are X, H, S, D, Z and the all time favorite is W. W is kinda' the catch all letter. If he doesn't know a letter, it's W! This is especially adorable because he says it "dah-yoo". 

Well, these next pictures are just some random cuteness. I really have to get cracking, so that's the end of my commentary... almost. 



I have learned, that Normy is 10% more likely to eat food that he has helped prepare. However, he needs no encouragement when it comes to cookies. 


Have a great day very one... we love you!

2 comments:

Amber@Munchkin Land said...

I LOVE Jacob's striped sweater! Way too cute, and I also love the picture of both the kiddies in their jammies. Aren't they just cuddly as ever? :-) I am totally impressed with Jacob's recognition of some letters, although you did say that he would turn a book right side up if it was upside down. I wish that we could see you before everything happens. Maybe if we make it up for the 4th of July we can look you up! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful dose of grandchildren! We are truly proud of their parents too!