A reoccurring theme in my life (and the lives of billions of mothers everywhere) is: there are not enough hours in the day. And I'm sad to say the first thing to go is updating my blog. A close second it seems would be nutritious cooking. I thought about taking a picture of the mac and cheese with hot dogs I served for dinner a couple nights after my last post. I wouldn't want to mislead you good people. As much as I'd like it to be otherwise, it's not all spinach salads and homemade soup over here. Though, I did crank out a couple of loves of fresh whole wheat bread this afternoon. Thank God too, because after a week of left over pizza, chicken nuggets, and cheesy-rice I have to get back on to the eatin'-right express.
We've had two delightful weeks of company, with back-to-back visits from Smoochy's dad and step-mom (two weeks go) and my dear friend from Omaha with her hilarious and sweet nearly two year-old son (last week).
Since, my window for blogging is small, I'm just going to throw up a few recent pictures and... well that will just have to do. I would love to chronicle all our recent adventures, as there have been many. However, the kids are bouncing off the walls, and I'm not sure how long I've got until they discover I am distracted with something and they start damaging the property.





"My Mom butchered my bangs and I'm so mad!"
6 comments:
Is that poor little waif in the last picture my sweet Georgia?
Gpa W
Ha, dd's were worse! I have a couple pics were I chopped her hair in less than flattering ways! Hope this next week is full of happy kids and healthy food. We have had a hard time recently too. My brother and his girlfriend were here, and we have been crazy with house buying and remodeling, so it's hard to eat healthy when you're on the go! We are going to try to eat better this week. Have to forgive myself and move ahead. Been thinking of you lots lately in your absence from the blogosphere and facebook. Take care. Hugs!
Dear Lord! Please tell me it isn't so... did you really attempt to cut Georgia's bangs? My mom used to cut my hair, even though she had no professional training! I endured years of teasing and torment from the kids on the playground. I swore I would never do the same to my kids. If you don't want her to hate you... always seek professional help!
From a distance
I just love GA's plaid dress!! and the pic of her with the present. I can't believe how big she is getting. Time goes by so fast. I can't wait until June! We are going tons of fun this summer and I am such an equal amount of traveling stress.
Love, Aunt Kate
going "to have" tons of . . . I am sure (not such) . . .
When am I going to learn to proof before post and not after???
Love, Kate
That picture of the bang incident was awesome! LOL. That little dress is very cute though. Have you made any jaunts on the train? I believe the horse races should start up the end of April or early May. I just know that little Jacob would love it! Good to hear you aren't perfect with healthy food. :o) A little junk every once and a while never hurt anyone, even if some goes to the little ones. Can't wait to see you all again. Hugs!
Post a Comment