Those of you who grew up in the early 90's remember this as a New Kids on the Block song. This will be our mantra through the night. She is wrecked... mentally, physically; if you've been there I’m sure you know. She's behind me now on the couch trying to catch some Zzzzz in-between contractions. She finally has broke down and let go of the pain. I know this because now instead of crying out when a contraction comes on she closes her eyes as they roll back into her head and she almost appears at peace, or dead, depending on your point of view. Now the contractions are regular and long... let's just hope the cervix got the negotiations taken care of and is ready to play ball.
The midwife is on her way back here. At this point I am no longer comfortable w/o a trained professional in the house. I don't care if she doesn't have the baby till tomorrow afternoon, they are getting paid to be here and take care of my wife.
Anyway for any of you who are still up, I wish I had better news. I don't want to find out again how dilated she is... It really wouldn't change anything anyway. I will say that I’ll be very surprised is this goes into the early morning. Then again, what the hell do I know?
12 comments:
Hang in there, Mr. & Mrs. Smoochy. We're pulling for ya.
Ooooooh blessings to you (three)! Tell Becca this: I just had a mom having contractions q 5 minutes since one am last night. I went over to visit at 7 pm and she was 2 cm, though paper thin. She called at 1130, we met at the birth center at 1145, she was fully dilated with the baby near crowning! She had a lovely waterbirth, dad caught the baby while I watched in bliss. And that was a first time momma too. It may go easy breezy at the end, I'm sending prayers for that. Hugs, midwifemb
That's a great coping strategy, and is exactly what I found myself doing in labour - each contraction pulled me under to some other place where I could space out and cope somehow - you guys are doing awesomely!! Hang in there, it's going to be all over in a matter of hours - and the best is yet to come. Holding that little baby will make all of this waiting and pain and wondering worthwhile!
It's 4:45 here in the midwest. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The Blessed Virgin is probably the only woman in history who had the easiest go of it. I'm hoping & praying the next blog I read is from an awestruck Dad who just witnessed the miracle of childbirth. Much love Gpa W.
6:34AM on the east coast. Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Poor girl sounds all tuckered out.
Hey guys! I had to check first thing this morning for the lil Smoochy....things seem to be going exactly like they should. I knew you would be able to find it within yourself Becca to move with this. I'm praying for all of you and hope to see pics of the little bambino soon!
Jacob....thanks for the updates. Seems you're doing a wonderful job supporting her.
I'm crying with this happiness for you both. This moment is something that will forever be ingrained in who you are. I love you both and will be checking in throughout the day.
Becaa...what can I say? I love you and am feeling so overwhelmed for you and Jacob. It's amazing.
OK now I'm rambling!
Came here via Toddled Dredge -- hope everything's going well. Remember, when she says she can't do it any more that means she's almost there. :)
Best wishes,
Julie, who had two babies at home
Just checking in and praying for you. Hang in there Jacob....... I mean Becca.
I am getting so excited. You can do it, Becca. Come on, little Sonny. Still praying for your (both of you) health and strength and happiness.
can't hardly wait to hear some updates...and knowing the work you are doing.
gosh. Be not afraid...
Becca dear...soon this will all be over and you will be alright.
Baby smoochy is really making you work for him....he'll be worth it.
I am very proud of you Jacob for being such a wonderful support to Becca...
How will I get anything done at work today?
Love you all
Mom
Oh honey, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time, but I KNOW you can do this!!!! You have been waiting for this for nine months now. Jr. is really making you work for him, isn't he. Smoochy, thanks for taking such good care of Becca and please let her know that we love her and are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.
Goooooooooooooo Becca!!!!!!!!!!!
All of this gives a new respect for those who did this in a stable and on the prairie...huh?
Amazing the strength and fortitude that comes from resources you didn't know you had...
You are wrapped in love from all directions...
Mom
Post a Comment