Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In my studio

This is what it looks like when you let the baby play with your yarn so that you can sew:



It feels presumptuous to call this room "my studio" as though I am some fancy artist. But, words are powerful, so that's what this place is. My Studio. A place that's mine to make and create and dream. (And to store all the stuff no one would want scattered about the rest of the house.). A place to keep little fingers out of my projects. A place to set stuff up and leave it out for as long as I need. It is an unbelievably decadent and luxurious use of a room. I am very grateful for it.

I know someday I might have to give this room up. Like if we have another girl child. Three girls in one bed room? It might be worth giving this up to avoid that. It's great that our family has room to grow in this house. Currently Normy and Georgia share a room and Lola sleeps with us, so there one bedroom that doesn't get used at all except for naps. Plus, we could finish the basement. The question is, do we want another child...

Well, I could go write more about boring stuff or I could go make a meal plan, clean the kitchen from lunch, and cobble together dinner. Tomorrow is market day, and I am procrastinating all food related duties right now. I'd rather be knitting. With three projects on the needles and that doll wig still on the hook, I'm itching to go play with fiber. Plus, I went to Hobby Lobby today and came home with new needles that need to be broken in. (Their yarn selection SUCKED though, and I have vowed never to return there for yarn even though it is the closest shop to my house.)

Happy Wednesday.
The End.

7 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Lola looks very HELPFUL!

Janet said...

The first comment was from me too. But I misspelled a word and I hate doing that in public!

Ms. Smoochy said...

Janet (Mom?) I hate that too. Of course I'm such a bad speller it happens almost every time I "comment".

Janet said...

YES! With my new phone I had to get my own gmail account! Now to get Dad to get his own facebook account!!!!

hollydlr said...

I miss you Ms. Smoochy! When are you people taking a road trip north?

Anonymous said...

Ms Smoochy, my "studio" is in a similar (worse?) condition for exactly the same reason!!
Only last night I was sitting at my sewing machine, when I saw something small, brown and fuzzy go scurrying across the floor beneath my feet... "Oh my!" I thought, "A mouse!!"
No, just a ball of wool my toddler was dragging behind him as he ran from the room, tangled in yarn and shrieking with laughter.

xx